Try It Thursday | NEW Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow

6:04 PM


 NEW Milani | Everyday Eyes Eye Shadow Palettes

***THIS POST WAS MEANT TO GO UP THIS MORNING BUT I HAD TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH MY DOMAIN PROVIDER , ALL FIXED NOW :-)***

Hello loves and Happy New Year!!!! This is my first blog post for 2016, woowoo! This is also my first Try It Thursday for the new year! If you're subscribed to my YouTube channel (if your not you should be) you know I do Try It Thursday videos, however I've decided to move them to my blog. So here we go!

For this post I tried out the NEW Milani Everyday Eyes Eye Shadow palettes. They're available in the 4 different color ranges below.

Milani | Smoky Essentials | Everyday Eyes Eye Shadow


Milani | Earthy Elements | Everyday Eyes Eye Shadow


Milani | Bare Necessities | Everyday Eyes EyeShadow


Milani | Must Have Naturals | Everyday Eyes Eye Shadow


I found these at my local walgreens and they were $9.99 each.  For me this is more than I would normally spend on drugstore eye shadow(I'm cheap, I know lol) but it's a new year so I figured let's try new things. I picked up 2 palettes to swatch and review for you. Up first is the Earthy Elements.


Milani | Earthy Elements | Everyday Eyes Eye Shadow


I grabbed this one for the orangey (totally a word) peach color that caught my eye. All of the colors are beautiful but you will need some sort of base(i.e. concealer/primer) to get the best color pay off. They are super soft and I experienced little to no fall out. The highlight and specialty colors in this palette are gorg. Unfortunately for me the contour color is barley noticeable on my skin.



Milani | Earthy Elements | Everyday Eyes Eye Shadow | Swatches (clockwise)




Milani | Smoky Essentials | Everyday Eyes Eye Shadow


Sticking with trying something new I also grabbed the Smoky Essential palette. I'm more of a neutral/some what natural eye shadow girl myself. This time it was the blue color the pulled me in. Again I would use some sort of primer/concealer to get the most color pay off. Similar to the Earthy Elements palette there was little to no fall out and the highlight shade is one of my faves.


Milani | Smoky Essentials | Everyday Eyes Eye Shadow | Swatches (Clockwise)


Overall the colors swatched beautifully (using my finger to apply product) and they are build-able. When I used eye shadow brushes on my lids the color was not as pigmented. Similar to Colour Pop eye shadows you get the best application with your finger. As far as the example pictures on the display I don't find the colors to be that rich and bold. They are pretty but I  wouldn't expect to get the same looks or anywhere close to them either. That could be because of skin tone, if you have a fairer skin tone then you may have better results.

The ultimate question, would I buy them again?  No I wouldn't. Keep your $9.99 girl! They're not bad it's just for the price I wasn't all that impressed. Have you tried any of these palettes? What did you think? 

Leave a comment below and let me know. Of course, as always, feel free to share.



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Finger application? Ugh! I'll admit, most scoff at the sponge applicators but if I'm lazy or on the go/traveling I'll use them to apply my lid color (hello, less brushes to wash lol). But my finger? How do you apply crease colors? Then there is the issue of skin oils getting on the powder and they get that gross shiny layer you have to scrape off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alisha, not sure if you you read the post fully. I mentioned that I used my finger for the swatches(on my arm) only. I did that to point out that the color wasn't as pigmented on my lids when I used a eye shadow brush as I mentioned. I definitely don't use sponge applicators,they're not my fave. Also my hands were clean and only used once for the swatches. I've never had any experience with the "shiny layer" you mentioned.
      Thanx for reading and for your comment.

      Delete
    2. Hi Alisha, not sure if you you read the post fully. I mentioned that I used my finger for the swatches(on my arm) only. I did that to point out that the color wasn't as pigmented on my lids when I used a eye shadow brush as I mentioned. I definitely don't use sponge applicators,they're not my fave. Also my hands were clean and only used once for the swatches. I've never had any experience with the "shiny layer" you mentioned.
      Thanx for reading and for your comment.

      Delete

Subscribe