DIY | Over Sized Sweater Dress | Tutorial

12:09 AM



Nadira037 | DIY | Over Sized Sweater Dress | Tutorial

Hello Material Girls! This is a quick post to go along with my DIY Over Sized sweater dress/top tutorial. If you can't see the video below, click here.




The fabric I used is a double knit fabric from Joann's. I tried to find the fabric online to include a link for you but I don't see it listed. When I find the fabric I will include a link.

I used just over 3 1/2 yards of fabric. The amount you need will vary based upon your measurements and how long you want your dress/top to be.

I started out with cutting out 2 pieces of fabric that were the exact same length as well as cut at the exact same points. I did this because of the print of the fabric. This made sure that everything would line up evenly when I sewed it together. If you are going to use a solid color fabric I would fold and lay the fabric on top each other. This way you can cut both the front and back at the same time.

My measurements for the turtle neck may not have been very clear in the video, so let's go over that. I cut out a piece of fabric that was the width of my total neck circumference and the length was about 18".  In the video I showed you the fabric already folded in half so I wanted to make sure I better explained it here.

Nadira037 | Over Sized Sweater Dress | Turtle Neck

For the sleeves I wanted the them to be tight and scrunch on my around my forearms. If you want to, however, feel free to make the sleeve any way you like. You will just need to measure from the shoulder point down to get your desired sleeve length.

Nadira037 | Over Sized Sweater Dress | Sleeves

I chose not to hem the bottom or the sleeves. If you wanted to you certainly could. Depending on your fabric selection it may look better if you do.

If you have any other questions please feel free to leave them below or in the comments on the video.

I would love to see your take on this tutorial and how you make it your own. You can switch it up and put your unique spin on it or make it the same way I did. Either way I would love to see what you come up with. Tag me with #nadira037 so I can see. I might just share your what you made in my next tutorial.




You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. OMG I have this same fabric. I wanted to make a sweater,but I will definitely be going back to buy more to make this. I love it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon &I know right, I love this fabric too. When I saw it I knew right away I wanted to make a sweater!

      Delete
  2. OK so i have a question. I cut the fabric to make the top. I made mines shorter because I want to do a matching penicl skirt. For the sleeve are you cutting both on the fold and how long should i measure the sleeve?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you selling your beautiful clothing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you selling your beautiful clothing?

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe