DIY | High Low Maxi Circle Skirt

12:00 AM




My tutorial for this high low maxi circle skirt is live on my YouTube channel. Click here for the full tutorial. Below I've included some helpful links and FAQ's.


THE FABRIC I USED IN THE VIDEO
Knit Fabric-Geo Teal Turq Ity Knit

LINKS FOR OTHER TUTORIALS TO HELP MAKE THIS SKIRT






FAQ'S

Why did I subtract 3-5 inches form your waistline?  Using a knit fabric for a waist band is similar to using elastic for a waistband. You want to make sure it fits securely. You also want it to be tight enough to hold the weight of a full circle skirt. The amount you subtract will vary based on the fit you want.

How much seam allowance did you use? I use 5/8" but you can use what ever you're comfortable sewing with.

What fabric did you use for your skirt in the picture? I used a Ponte de Roma that doesn't  have the same stretch of a jersey knit. If yo want to use a Ponte de Roma subtract less from your waist because it has less give. I suggest trying first with scrap fabric to get the measurement right.

What if I don't have a serger? How would I sew the waistband? You can sew the waist band fabric together with with wrong sides facing each other. Then turn it right sides out and attach to your skirt.



If you have any other questions or comments leave them below.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Hey Nadira. I really love your work. Its super inspiring. I just wanted to know if there is a substitute to the Ponte de Roma fabric you used for the high low skirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beatrice, thank you sew much. You can use a 4 way stretch jersey knit fabric. That's what I used in the tutorial. More info about the fabric is in the post above. I hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. hello darling question your skirt has zipper? and does not give you trouble or not wear it changes shape waistband? and if I want to put a zipper pocket and would have to put behind zipper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nadira! Thank you so much for your vid tutorial. Just wanted to ask what the width of your fabric was, I'm having a hard time finding fabric wide enough to make a circle maxi skirt for my length...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm interested in recreating this skirt for my prom dress. Do you think the Ponte de Roma fabric has more or less give than silk? I'm assuming I'd need to subtract even less fabric from the waistband? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What if yoou're using non-stretch fabric do you still subtract the 3-5"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nadira!
    If we're using elastic for a waistband then also we have to subtract 3-5 inches?

    ReplyDelete
  8. how many meters of fabric i'll need to make the skirt u wearing?

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe